The Suns, Pacers, Nuggets, Heat, Thunder and Jazz enter today’s games with playoff seeding on the line. Here’s what those games mean for each team –
- Suns – A win and the Suns are within half a game of the Trail Blazers and one game of the Grizzlies. They’d still be alive. A loss would all but end it.
- Pacers – The Pacers are tied with the Heat and sit one game ahead of the Sixers. A win today gives them the edge in staying out of the six seed.
- Heat – Same story here.
- Jazz – The Jazz are half a game back of the Thunder for the 5 seed. A win here would be big in keeping them alive in that race, and they could even pass the Thunder, who also play today.
- Thunder – OKC is one game back of the Rockets and half a game ahead of the Jazz. A loss here throws their spot in the 4-5 match-up into jeopardy.
- Nuggets – With a win over the Lakers, the Nuggets pull within half a game of the Clippers and the 2 seed.
Yesterday’s Results –
The Blazers winning by 3 instead of the 4 that I needed and the Clippers getting beat from start to finish by the Nets made yesterday a little rough. We’re still positive overall, and today’s a new day to build on that. Let’s make it happen.
Total Record: 32-28-1 on individual bets, 5-23 on parlays, +10.40
My picks for tonight –
- Suns -5.0 (-115)
We’re riding the Suns until they fail to cover. OKC is playing for the second day in a row and had a limited rotation yesterday due to injury.
- Jazz -7.5 (-110)
Luka, KP, and Dorian Finney-Smith are out for the Mavs. That’s a little too much to overcome, even for one of the deeper teams in the league.
- Bucks -6 (-110) – LOCK OF THE DAY
The Raptors have been getting a lot of buzz for their play in the bubble. Giannis and the Bucks change that here.
- Pacers ML (+150)
The Pacers are playing just as well as the Heat. Take the value.
- Nuggets ML (+175)
The Lakers lost to the Pacers despite big games from LeBron and Quinn Cook. Until they win, we’re riding the opponents.
- Parlay of Suns, Jazz, and Bucks picks
The three favorites.
- Parlay of Pacers and Nuggets picks
These two follow each other, and the ML value will be great.
Good luck everybody. All bets on my end are for $5 unless otherwise noted.