It’s Saturday, which means we’re running through this fast. There are six games tonight after last night’s eleven game slate. Some quick things that stood out yesterday –
- The Cavs continue to be really solid. That’s a great comeback win they picked up in Toronto. This a fun team.
- The Wizards picked up a nice win, essentially neutralizing Ja and the Grizzlies. Morant had 11 last night after entering the game with a season low of 17 points. Seven players scored in double figures for Washington, another team that’s starting the season really well.
- Really good comeback win for the Knicks in Milwaukee too, Julius Randle, Derrick Rose, and RJ Barrett continue to step up. The Bucks just didn’t get enough outside of Giannis and Grayson Allen, and their early lead gradually fell apart. They need to get healthy.
- The Timberwolves scored 27 points in the second half. They stink. Like I said yesterday, I’m all the way out on Minnesota. Good defensive effort from the Clippers, who are in a much better spot after sweeping the TWolves this week.
- The Pelicans are in a really tough position. They can’t win without Ingram and Williamson, and they’re now 1-9. They could barely win even with Ingram in and playing well. I don’t know where they go from here.
- Richaun Holmes was a monster with 23 and 20 last night to help the Kings pick up a nice blowout win over the Hornets. Sacramento has been solid to start, and that’s what they need to be as they chase that elusive playoff spot.
- Malcolm Brogdon was out again last night with an illness after a brief return from injury. He just can’t stay on the court. Indiana’s injury issues as a whole these last few years are getting to the point of absurdity. Hopefully they can get fully healthy at some point this year. TJ Warren is supposed to return within a few weeks.
NBA record: 33-18 ATS (5-7 Underdog ML), 7-8-1 O/U
3-2 ATS yesterday. Solid day. We go again today.
- Rockets Nuggets U217
Rockets games have been all over the place with scoring, but the Nuggets have topped this total in just one of their games so far. It’s a weird 5:00 pm start time too. I like the under.
- Jazz +125
I’ll take Utah as a dog here. I think they’re better than the Heat, even if this one is on the road.
- Bulls -3.5
The United Center will be rocking, and the Bulls get revenge on the Sixers tonight. Philly is due for a loss after running through a stretch of injury-filled basketball unscathed. They lose here.
- Lakers +5.5
This game is in Portland, but with the Blazers playing for the second night in a row, I think 5 points is a little too many to hand the Lakers.